[Tlhingan-hol] qo''e' tu'bogh pagh - 'ay' chorgh

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 22:05:56 PST 2012

ghItlhpu' loghaD, jatlh:
> I'd like to say taHlaHbe' pagh ("A nothingness cannot endure"), or 'u' SIQlaHbe' pagh ("A nothingness cannot endure the universe"),

Why not reverse that latter one: {pagh SIQlaHbe' 'u'} "the universe cannot endure nothing(ness)"? I think it would be interpreted as such by a Klingon, since I think "there is nothing the universe cannot endure" wouldn't be phrased like that; a Klingon would surely just say {Hoch SIQlaH 'u'} for that idea.

Or given that these are those damned wordy Vulcans talking, can we risk a {-ghach} and say {chImchu'taHghach} "continuing absolute emptiness" for "vacuum"?

ghItlhpu' Qov, jatlh:
> I would cast further than that. I don't see that "nature abhors a
> vacuum" is especially relevant to Spock's nepotism here. He's just
> saying that he wants there to be a succession, and trying to
> encapsulate it in a pithy saying. I might go with Dal pagh jagh, but
> mataHmeH maSachnIS, and indeed many from TKW seem relevant here.

{ghojwI'pu'lI' tISaH} might me a bit of a stretch, but might it work?

QeS 'utlh