[Tlhingan-hol] Newbie question about vIneHbogh construction

Gaerfindel gaerfindel at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 04:30:50 PST 2012

_ghItlh Wiechu.  jang:_
I wan[t] to say in Klingon: "Things I want to see" or "Things which I want
to see"

I came with this: Dochmey vIlegh vIneHbogh.

_ghItlh David Trimboli.  jang:_
This is very difficult to parse. "I see things" is that which I want.
That is, it looks like [Dochmey vIlegh] vIneHbogh, instead of Dochmey
vI[legh vIneH]bogh, which is what you want. Creepy.

Let's figure out a complete sentence. "I name things I want to see."

I would simply split this into two sentences or clauses.

Dochmeyvetlh vIlegh vIneH; vIpong.
I want to see those things; I name them.

Dochmeyvetlh vIlegh vIneH 'ej vIpong.
I want to see those things and I name them.

Dochmeyvetlh vIlegh vIneHchugh vIpong.
If I want to see those things, I name them.

Doch vIlegh vIneHchugh vIpong.
If I want to see a thing, I name it.

_vIghItlh quljIb.  jang:_
mu'tlhegh cha'DIch yajlaH law' mu'tlhegh wa'DIch wejDUch loSDIch je
yajlaH puS.