[Tlhingan-hol] qo''e' tu'bogh pagh - 'ay' wa'maH wej

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:27:59 PST 2012

De'vID:
>> loQ *Emily Post* wIDabe'.  vutpa'vaD: pIq poH

Qov:
> piq gets abused here. I saw it used instead of tugh earlier and here it
should be qep vebvaD or something. pIq means [specified time period] from
now, not "fututure".

jatlhpu' ghorqon, {qo''e' tu'bogh pagh}.  Delchu'meH chel, "the future".
chay' qechvam vImughlaH?

De'vID:
>> KIRK: nuqneH?
>> SPOCK: pIH 'e' vItu'.

Qov:
> I find it expects it? Can't scroll well on this but tjis is too literal
for "i find it suspicious". vay' pIH vItu'pu'

chaq {mupIHmoH} vIlo'.

De'vID:
>> [1] - Alas, no word for "neutron"; it's technobabble, but a vital clue
as any Trekkie knows that it signifies a cloaked ship.

Qov:
> Apparently I'm not trekkie enough. Is it too blatant to say So'wI'
rurbogh woj?

HIja'.  woghlaw'.  So'pu'bogh Duj tu', wej 'e' pIH *Spock*.

De'vID:
> > [2] - Someone remind me, is this how {-Daq} works with {baH}?  Or does
>
> > {X-Daq baH} mean "fire while located on X"?

Voragh:
> No.  {-Daq} marks the target, i.e. what you’re firing or shooting at:

maj.  lI' ghantoHmey.  'ach pab chutHeyvam QIj'a' MO?