[Tlhingan-hol] Mailing List vs Forum vs. Social Media (was Re: How would you feel about new Klingon)

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon May 2 02:37:30 PDT 2016

On 2 May 2016 at 09:22, PICHLMANN Christoph
<Christoph.PICHLMANN at agrana.com> wrote:
> SoQwIj vIngajmoH: I prefer forums, I dislike social media (too ephemeral),
> and the mailing list has too many (technical) shortcomings (by virtue of
> being email).
>
> I've set up a forum for klingon some time ago, but there was not much
> response. Take a look if you want: http://tlhingan.at/qep/ .

The problem is that there are multiple forums. A couple of Klingon
clubs each have their own, and then some popular internet forums have
Klingon language boards or tags.

The official KLI Q&A forum:
http://www.kli.org/questions/

KAG's Hol 'ampaS forum:
http://www.kag.org/groups/hol-ampas/forum/

Klingon Imperial language forum:
http://www.klingon.org/smboard/index.php?board=6.0

reddit's /r/tlhInganHol:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tlhInganHol

Klingon on StackExchange:
http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/klingon

None of them get enough traffic to make it worthwhile for most people
to keep track of.

Maybe what would help is some sort of hybrid, like a web UI to the KLI
mailing list.