[Tlhingan-hol] tlhoS

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Mar 18 05:30:25 PDT 2016

On 3/18/2016 3:48 AM, mayql qunenoS wrote:
> I've been considering the adverb {tlhoS}, and I've run into quite some
> difficulty in understanding the way it is supposed to be used.
>
> The source of my confusion is in cases I want to express something
> like {almost all the (subject)}.

Adverbials modify verbs, not nouns. See Lieven's message for an
explanation of {tlhoS}.

Use {HochHom} for "almost all." Put it before the noun to talk about
almost all of a quantity of nouns; put it after the noun to talk about
almost all of a single noun.

    HochHom chabmey
    almost all of the pies

    chab HochHom
    almost all of the pie

    jIghungbe'mo' chab HochHom vISoppu'be'
    because I wasn't hungry, I didn't eat most of the pie

    HochHom chabmey vISoppu'mo' jIropchoH
    because I ate most of the pies, I became sick

http://trimboli.name