[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ba'

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv 'utlh lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 08:10:06 PST 2016

Just a nudge, hoping to improve understanding…

It’s one thing to say that in order that X happens, Y has to happen.

It’s a step farther to say that the purpose of Y happening is to bring about X happening.

In order that the owl gets fed, a mouse has to scamper within sight of the owl.

I doubt that the mouse’s purpose in scampering was to be eaten by the owl.

In order to make an omelet, one must break eggs.

Yes, the purpose of breaking the eggs is to make an omelet.

It’s called a Purpose Clause, not a Necessary Condition Clause. See the difference?

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Door Repair Guy, Retired Honorably