[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ba'

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 07:59:03 PST 2016

thank you all for taking the time to  reply ;

jIH:
> quSvo' yIba' 'ej yIqeqchoH !
> get up from that chair and start training !

indeed I don't know why I wrote the {yIba'}.. I must have gotten
confused there, trying to use another word and placing the {ba'}
instead.

jIH:
> HoD quSDaq bIba'meH bI'umbe'bej.
> you aren't qualified to sit at the captain't chair.

another problem I always had, was the understanding of the {-meH}.
after reading yours and lojmIt tI'wI' nuv's comments, I think I
understood (finally) that the {-meH} means, that in order for
something to happen, something else needs to take place.

jIH:
> qaStaHvIS jaj naQ ba'taHchugh vaj Huch Dabaj not 'e' Dachavbe'.
> if you're always sitting during the entire day, then you will never
> achieve to earn money.

while I was writing this, I remembered that we had commented on the
{jaj naQ} some time in the past, but I couldn't recall what we had
actually said. thank you for reminding me. thank you too for pointing
out the double-negative issue. this was an influence from greek, where
we constantly use double-negatives.

hopefully I won't repeat the same mistakes !

mayqel mIv Hurgh qunnoq