[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: joq

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 09:20:48 PST 2016

SuStel:
> Presumably he finished causing this to happen; use {joqmoHpu'} or {joqmoHta'}.
> I'd choose the latter for its sense of achieving a goal.
> Hence, the causing is completed; use {joqmoHpu'} or {joqmoHta'}.

Thank you for pointing this out ; now that I'm thinkink about it, I
have a major problem when it comes to using aspect suffixes. In theory
I can *feel* the difference between a completed action, a continuous
one, one that's progressing towards a known goal etc. But when it
comes to using them, I tend to use them as a substitute for past
tense. So, I tend to shy away from them. let alone that I don't know
whether in greek we use tenses or aspect (!?!?!?), so when I think in
greek I don't know if what I'm thinking is a "tense" or an "aspect".
It sounds ridiculous, I know.. And to make things worst, I don't know
how to fix this problem..

jIH:
> targhmey DIjeychugh, jatlh vIghro'mey la' Dun, vaj targh lommey
> DungDaq joqwI'maj wIjoqmoH.
SuStel:
> Are the cats brave, or is their commander brave? Your English
> doesn't make that clear. If we substitute {yoH} for {Dun}, your Klingon says it's the
> commander that's brave.

yes,actually its the commander who is the brave one.

SuStel:
> qatlh dog DamuS?

meq law'mo'..
because of many reasons..

1. roS'eghmo' 'ej 'up bIH
    because they lick themselves and are disgusting
2. puchDaq lujaHmo' tawDaq bIHtaHvIS 'ej 'up bIH
    because they go to the toilet while they are at the street and
they are disgusting
3. nuvpu' chopmo'
    because they bite people
4. qam Do Dujmey tlha'mo' 'ej lIghpu' rIQmoH
    because they chase bicycles and injure riders
5. He'So'mo' bIH
    because they stink
6. tlhabbe'mo' bIH
   because they are not independent
7. bolmo' bIH 'ej 'up bIH
    because they drool and are disgusting
8. vIghro'mey tlha'mo'
    because they chase cats
9. puqpu' tlha'mo'
    because they chase children
10. puH DujDaq porghchaj bIQ 'uchHa'
      because they piss on cars

mayqel mIv Hurgh qunnoq
you haven't experienced shakespear unless you read him in the original klingon