[Tlhingan-hol] 19 new words to create

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Thu Jan 7 09:01:00 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 11:49 AM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> qurgh:
> > Yes they do. There's at least one CD of Klingon music, and many more on
> > youTube.
>
> I assume this refers to jenbom's album? There are others, but they're
> not as high quality.

Yes, search for Klingon Pop Warrior for jen's stuff (and she's done more
than just the album now). There's also recordings of some of the KLI's
songs from the qep'a'. I have pretty good recordings of taHjaj wo', 'Iv
maH, and yIH bom.

> qurgh:
> > There's at least one Klingon DVD, and many more videos on youTube.
>
> Are you referring to the Christmas Carol? Was there a DVD of 'u'?

Yes, the KCC DVD. I don't believe there is a DVD of 'u' (although I believe
they recorded it, since there are bits in that documentary they made).
Terrence has some great videos that have both spoken and sung Klingon.
There's also recordings of people telling stories at a couple of different
qep'a'.

> qurgh:
> > I'm working on a recording of the paq'batlh, to try to fill the "audio
> book"
> > void.
>
> maj. Is there more info about this project? Is it basically just
> someone (more than one person?) reading the book?

Right now it's just me reading the chapters. I only started yesterday
evening, so I only have two done so far (
https://soundcloud.com/qurgh/sets/paqbatlh). I hope to add a few each day.
If other people wish to contribute chapters that would be fantastic. It
would give the listener experience hearing multiple different accents.

> qurgh:
> > There's also the "How to speak Klingon" book, that has a speaking toy on
> the cover.
> >
> > If we want these things to exist, we have to go out and make them. :)
>
> There's a Klingon Text-To-Speech engine on Android. In theory, anyone
> can program an app to speak Klingon using that. So far no one else has
> done so, though.

I'm very glad you made that, and I thank you! I used the audio from it on
the Hol 'ampaS site so people can hear the words.

qurgh