[Tlhingan-hol] Beginner's Holiday Card Challenge - Congratulations

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 03:47:15 PST 2016

> Try {qaS} instead. ({qaStaHvIS 2016...})

ok,thanks ! I'll keep that in mind.

> I'm not sure if you're going for a pun or if it's a mistake, but
> {chu'} means "new" and not perfect (you may be thinking of the verb
> suffix {-chu'}).

it was a mistake.. I thought I remembered correctly,but I was mistaken.

> Also, in English you can "have" all kinds of things, but in Klingon
> {ghaj} denotes possession or ownership. What is the actual verb you
> want here?

this is another excellent point that I'm really very grateful for
learning. I hadn't thought of this info on {ghaj}. Actually I was
searching for a verb "to experience" but such a verb doesn't exist ;
so maybe I could use the verb {yIn}. So, (and taking into
consideration your comment on how to give a command) maybe I should
say :

qaStaHvIS 2016, DIS pup yIyIn !
while 2016 is happening, you live a perfect year !

qunnoq