[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-mo'} noun suffix vs. {-mo'} verb suffix

lojmIttI'wI'nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:40:58 PST 2016

{-mo’} applied to a noun phrase can’t change to behave like a verb suffix any more than {-Daq} or {-‘e’} or {-vaD}. The noun and verb suffixes {-mo’} and {-mo’} sound alike and have a similar sense of meaning, but they are not the same suffix, any more than “wear” and “ware” are the same words in English. Since we write Klingon phonetically, we can’t have different spellings of homonyms to differentiate them.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv