[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-mo'} noun suffix vs. {-mo'} verb suffix

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 11:25:11 PST 2016

Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply ; I read your
messages carefully and I understand now the use of the noun suffix
-mo'. I would like also to write a few sentences,  in order to make
the -mo' (n) sink into my mind..

Ha'DIbaHlIjmo' jIvem.
because of your dog I woke up.

QIpmo' Ha'DIbaHlIj, jIvem or jIvem, QIpmo' Ha'DIbaHlIj.
because your dog is stupid, I woke up.

vavlI'mo' bImIp.
because of your father you're rich.

vavlI' mIpmo', bInguq or bInguq, vavlI' mIpmo'.
because of your rich father you're arrogant.

puH DujlIjmo' jIrIQ.
because of your car I'm injured.

muqIpmo' puH DujlIj, jIrIQ or jIrIQ, muqIpmo' puH DujlIj.
because your car hit me I am injured.

If at the above sentences there are mistakes, please do tell me. Also,
the way I understand this a noun bearing a -mo' must always come on
the beginning of a sentence, whereas a verb with a -mo' can be placed
either at the beginning or the end. If I understand this wrong, please
correct me.

cpt qunnoq
we will not be slaves in their world !