[Tlhingan-hol] tlhIngan Hol wIqIpe'DIya

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 17 10:12:51 PST 2016

Qov:
> > yu'eghmeyvaD DISaH.
>
> The idea of "about" "for the benefit of" is already contained in the verb
> SaH.  Omit the type-5 noun suffix here and say merely {yu'eghmey DISaH} =
> we care about gravity waves. The same correction applies throughout.

Examples of {SaH} "care for, be concerned about":

  wa' yIHoH.  jISaHbe'.
  Kill one of them. I don't care which. ST3

  bISaHbe'?
  [You don't care?!] PK

  qorDu' SaHlu'chugh 'ej matlhlu'chugh vaj wa' tlhIngan
   ghob potlhqu'
  devotion and loyalty to family is one of the most
   important Klingon virtues. S13

  ghojwI'pu'lI' tISaH
  Care about your students. TKW

  toH, Hey Humanpu'.  qatlh DISaH?
  Why should I care about a human killing humans? STID

{Qorgh} "take care of, care for" works the same way:

  'etlh QorghHa'lu'chugh ragh 'etlh nIvqu' 'ej jejHa'choH
  Even the best blade will rust and grow dull unless it is
   cared for. TKW

  nuHmeyraj tIQorgh watlh 'Iwraj 'e' lu'aghmo' nuHmey jej
  [Kahless spoke to them] about caring for their weapons,
   for they represent the purity of their blood. PB

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'