[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rIymuS

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Feb 3 09:20:02 PST 2016

On 2/3/2016 11:49 AM, mayql qunenoS wrote:
> ..While I was writing the original sentences, I wondered whether I
> should transliterate (is that how it is called ?)
> the <Scimitar> to {SImItar}. In my short time here, I have gotten the
> impression that one should not transliterate.
> 'ach I don't like the way it looks, when in a Klingon sentence I have
> to read english words too. (but the opposite is rather fine)

Transliteration is fine, so long as it's clear that you ARE
transliterating, and so long as your transliteration does not make
anybody think it's a canonical transliteration.

You provided an English sentence along with the Klingon, so there was no
chance of someone thinking {SImItar} was a Klingon word they couldn't find.

Another way to indicate a transliteration is to state it outright:

    SImItar 'oH nuHwIj pong'e'

http://www.trimboli.name/