[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rIymuS

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 06:47:55 PST 2016

SuStel :

> {bortaSvaD vInajtaHvIS} means "while I was
> dreaming it for the benefit of revenge." Obviously
> not what you were going for.

Indeed.. I still experience problems trying to shake off me, the
english use of <for> ; I tend to mix this up with the tlhIngan {-vaD},
which is of course wrong. In retrospect, I could/should have written
{{bortaS vInajtaHvIS} <while I was dreaming revenge>.

> A Reman would be a {rIymuSngan}.

Of course.. That was the good old careless me, making (yet another)
careless mistake.

jIH :

> SImItar nuHwIj'e' qaquvmoHbogh, rIymuSDaq qachenmoH 'ej jaghpu'
> tIqDaq yan'e' SoH vIghoSbogh.
> Scimitar my honored weapon, at Remus I created you, and you are the
> sword which I will thrust at the heart of my enemies.

SuStel :

> You're trying too hard. :)

Indeed ! Reading your corrections, I realized that the answer was in
front of my eyes. At least I practiced the {-bogh}.

Thank you for your comments SuStel !

qunnoq HoD