[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lIng

qov at kli.org qov at kli.org
Tue Feb 2 09:13:46 PST 2016

> jIH :
>
> > toQDuj chu' lIngmeH, Huch 'Iq DIlpu' wo' 'a SIbI'Ha' toQDujvam lI'Ha'
> > in order to produce the new bird of prey the empire paid a lot of
> > money, however eventually this bird of prey was useless
>
> Qov :
>
> > rap Qaghvam, latlh Qagh je. SIbI' yIlughmoH.
> > Once you have done that, consider that the ship wasn't useless to
> > begin with, so a particular suffix might be useful.
>
>  toQDuj chu' lIngmeH, Huch 'Iq luDIlpu' wo' 'a SIbI'Ha' toQDujvam lI'Ha'.
> As far as the second part of your observation is concerned, I'm rather
> confused ; I wanted to say that the bird of prey was build from scratch, so
> indeed it was useless from the start.

Actually, wo' is a singular entity, so {luDIlpu' wo'} implies that multiple empires paid for it.  ratlhtaH QaghlIj. DaSamtaHpa' yItuH.

As for the second part, I thought the ship was okay when it came off the assembly line, but ... SIbI'Ha' lI'Ha'choH.  'a DaH bIjatlh, not Qap.  SIbI' lIHa'.  DaH jIyaj.

DaH QaghlIj yISam, yIlughmoH 'ej pe'vIl yIbIj'egh.  OVS bop.

- Qov