[Tlhingan-hol] wanI' Dajqu'

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:53:40 PDT 2016

> How did I do?

perfect ! here is the exact translation :

> yInwIj wa'maH Soch DIS wa'DIch vIyInpu'DI
as soon as I lived my life's first seventeen years

> qa'vIn vItlhutlhchoH.
I started drinking coffee

> qa'vInDaq reH Su'ghar qutmey vIngoSta'
in the coffee I always dissolved sugar

(in TNK, {Su'ghar qutmey} is given as sugar. Don't get confused
because of the fact that {qut} means crystal. since TNK gives {Su'ghar
qutmey} as sugar, that's the way to go)
also notice the {-ta'} suffix on the verb {ngoS}; I dissolved sugar
--> I set out to do the dissolving and did it.

> 'a Hu' puS Su'ghar qutmey vImuSchoH
however a few days ago I started hating sugar

> DaH Su'ghar qutmey ngaSchugh qa'vIn
now, if the coffee contains sugar

> qa'vInvetlh vItlhutlhlaHbe'
I'm unable to drink that coffee

> qatlh. jISovbe'.
why ? I don't know.

after the {qatlh} I didn't put the question mark intentionally,
because it isn't needed. nevertheless, it remains a question. that is
the reason why the exact translation is "why ? I don't know".

if I wanted to write "I don't know why",perhaps I would write:

meq vISovbe'
I don't know the reason.

however I would like to tell you, that I'am a beginner. So don't trust
100% everything I write. I may be wrong !

qunnoq
I love rabbits