[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: vem

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Thu Apr 14 10:13:16 PDT 2016

tI'ang is the name of the ship:

qItI'nga' Duj tI'ang => K'tinga Ship T'ong

This information should help you make sense of the time marker (from
http://klingonska.org/canon/1999-09-holqed-08-3.txt):

With longer time periods, such
as a century ({vatlh DIS poH}),
millennium ({SaD DIS poH}), or a
period of 10,000 years ("myriad,"
perhaps) ({netlh DIS poH}), the words
{ret} or {pIq} may be used in place of
{poH}, e.g., {cha' vatlh DIS poH} <two
centuries>, but {cha' vatlh DIS ret} <two
centuries ago>. The phrase {cha' vatlh
ben} would mean "200 years ago."
The choice of construction depends [[p.4]]
on what is being emphasized: in this
case, the total number of centuries
(two) or the total number of years
(200).