[Tlhingan-hol] KLCP 1 vocab practice...

chransberry at gmail.com chransberry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 10:29:12 PDT 2016

So yesterday, all my new cards were words I was already familiar with, like {lojmIt]. But today, I have a higher-than usual number of unfamiliar ones! Go figure...

HIv, qatlh, moD, ngoQ, Qam, qan, qeng.

—-—-—

yImoD! yImoDqu'!
Hurry! Hurry up!

qatlh jImoDnIS?
Why do I need to hurry?

pa' 'oHDaq targh! wIHIvnIS!
Targ over there! We need to attack it!

qatlh targhvetlh wIHIvnIS?
Why do we need to attack that targh?

qoH SoH! naDev yIQam! vIHIv jIH!
You fool! Stand here! *I* will attack it!

targh qan neH 'oH! nuq 'oH ngoQlIj'e'?
It's just an old targ! What is your purpose?

Hoch targhmey vIHoHta' vIneH! bIq'a'Daq porghchaj vIqeng!
I want to kill all targs! I will carry their bodies to the sea!

bImaw'qu'!
You're insane!

yItamchoH! ngoQwIj Dabotchugh vaj SoH vIHoH!
Shut up! If you hinder my purpose, I'll kill *you*!

bImaw' jay'! naDevvo' jIghoS!
You're #*@% crazy! I'm leaving!

—-—-—

qatlh Dapvam vIjatlh?...

The tokiponan in me wants "why" to be "nuqmo' " the way "where" is "nuqDaq" (like "lon seme" and "tan seme"), but I gather that would be incorrect :-D.

-QISta'

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless