[Tlhingan-hol] Piraha

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 11:40:13 PDT 2015

it so happened,that earlier today i saw part of a documentary concerning
the evolution of terran languages. in this documentary,a universal property
of EVERY earth language was described (the linguistic term currently eludes
me). This attribute is the ability to expand the length of a sentence -in
theory- indefinitely..

example :

''..the pink targh with red dots we used to have grew very noisy,so my
mother cooked it and after eating it,I took my bird of a prey for ride,to
test its recently installed warp core,which was very costly to acquire,but
the interstellar patrol arrested me just as i was about to hit warp factor
9,let alone the fact that they scratched its hand-made klingon emblems etc
etc.."

the only terran language (according to the documentary) which doesn't have
the aforementioned attribute is the language of a secluded tribe called
"the Piraha" ; the same language has also the characteristic that it
doesn't have tenses. Everything is described in the present tense.

So, I would like to ask.. Does Klingon have "a maximum sentence length" ?
Or theoretically someone would be able to "expand" a sentence indefinitely
? Is there a rule in canon,which prohibits a sentence to grow beyond a
certain length ?

qunnoQ