[Tlhingan-hol] Outdated vocabulary/grammar

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Oct 30 07:48:18 PDT 2015

I believe "outdated vocabulary" refers to instances where we have made up new constructions to express things that we did not have vocabulary for previously.

For example, Rohan recently mentioned that thanks to the addition of canonical words for "gold" and "lead", he could update his translation of "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner", which he had previously called {baS 'ugh} ("heavy metal") and {baS SuD} ("yellow/green/blue metal") and not been too pleased with it.

So, it's not the canonical terms that have become outdated, but rather our own innovations which have become obsolete.