[Tlhingan-hol] Things missing

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Wed Oct 28 23:16:06 PDT 2015

Considering what the Klingon language community has accomplished over
the years, it would be a shame to think that the end of Marc Okrand
(which I hope is no time soon!) could be the end of the Klingon
language.

We need a mechanism to keep the language alive. The Na'vi community has
a 'Lexical Expansion Project' that works with Paul Frommer to develop
new vocabulary, and occasionally, work through grammar issues. That
committee, which is formed with a charter, would also become the new
vocabulary approval mechanism, should anything ever happen to Dr.
Frommer. So, as long as there is enough interest to leep the Lexical
Expansion Project going, the Na'vi language has a future.

I know that among ourselves, there is a complete dictionary/lexicon. We
need to develop and maintain such a dictionary, for use within the
community, to help ensure a consistency and continuity in the language,
and to serve as a semi-official 'canon' of the language.

There are several other popular conlangs (Dothraki, Valyrian to name
two) that could stand to benefit from such a mechanism.

Tim Stoffel