[Tlhingan-hol] Things missing

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 06:16:13 PDT 2015

If we are still doing this when Marc Orkand dies, or Lawrence Schoen, for that matter, since he’s apparently the one that got us the free license from Paramount to play with the language and publish stuff without getting sued, then we’ll be in a new situation and we’ll have to creatively deal with it. Until then, Marc’s our man and we can’t take over his role as source for new vocabulary.

If we try, we’ll probably lose our free license from Paramount, and then we’ll have their lawyers to deal with.

There have been attempts at revolution to rip control of the vocabulary from Okrand and claim it for our own since qep’a’ wa’DIch. It’s never worked, and I don’t see it working any time soon. Patience works, and we get to play with a nice language with some limits we creatively wrestle with.

Yes, we need a single, official New Words List that is well maintained by someone this group trusts to maintain it well without corrupting it with personal style, preferably with citations of sources for each entry. No, we don’t need the ability to make up our own words independent of Marc Okrand.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv