[Tlhingan-hol] Things missing

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Tue Oct 27 08:51:26 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:53 AM, qunnoQ HoD <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> i believe 3 things are missing,which if existed they would be of great
> help to Klingon as a language. I realize that for copyright reasons
> mainly,it would be impossible for these 3 things to actually take place but
> anyway,here goes..
>
> 1. KLI should publish all HolQeD as a book/books and make it available
> through every major bookstore. The only experience i had of HolQeD was
> through the "grammarian's desk", which i liked so much that it made me sad
> to think that there were whole issues of HolQeD i could not acquire. Let
> alone the fact that i searched for months until i finally found it.

There's been some talk about creating digital versions of HolQeD, but AFAIK
there are certain barriers that are hard to cross. One of the big ones is
that the original files for the older HolQeDmey are either unavailable or
in a format that can no longer be read by modern programs. There are a
couple of the final issues of HolQeD on the KLI website for Members to
download.

As for bringing it back from the dead, the main issue there is content.
Most of the articles that could be written have been written, so it would
be hard to continuously find new content.

> 2. Three books should be published ; Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced.
> Each should focus on grammar having as many exercises as possible,for the
> student to practice his individual skills depending on his level. And each
> of these books should be as many pages as possible,so as to keep the reader
> interested and gradually working his way to higher levels

These would probably have to be made by Paramount/CBS/Okrand, but there's
little profit to be gained in them so it's unlikely. The KLI's website has
the first part of a course on it that will teach you the language. Have you
tried that yet?

qurgh