[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wovmoHwI'

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 07:27:31 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 10:12 AM, qurgh lungqIj <qurgh at wizage.net> wrote:

> The canon is the same for everyone, although everyone's interpretations
of them might not be identical.

I think there's a divide on whether or not the paq'batlh is canon. Perhaps
even Talk Now.
Besides those, I think we're all on the same page.

>There's also the possibility of errors or omissions in dictionaries people
compile themselves due to simple human error or oversight. I know my
dictionary has some errors in it >that I might never find, such is the
downside of compiling it oneself without having others check it.

That's the upside to using your dictionary for the WOTD, you get to slowly
share it with the masses and if there's an error or omission, they'll be
quick to point it out.
WRT {wovmoHwI'} I think De'vID 's notation of "device" works a bit better
than "lamp" simply because "device" sounds more informative and "lamp"
seems too restrictive.

~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.