[Tlhingan-hol] Noun sequences

Anthony Appleyard a.appleyard at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 11 06:39:10 PDT 2015

If any sequence of nouns "A B" means "B of A", how to say e.g. "A son of B son of C"? I have been using "A B puqloD C puqloD". Or does that always mean "son of C of son of B of A"? Or what? I have seen uses of A B where the 2 nouns are in apposition, i.e. "A who is B": e.g."HoD Qanqor" or "Qanqor HoD" means "Captain Krankor" and not "the captain's Krankor" or "Krankor's captain".
Does "Picard HoD" mean "Captain Picard" now, but "Picard's captain" before he was promoted to captain? Or what?
Sometimes I have used "A 'oHbogh B" to mean "A which is B", i.e. "A B" where A and B are in apposition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apposition