[Tlhingan-hol] Pronouncing Klingon correctly

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:42:07 PST 2015

ghItlhpu' qunnoQ, jatlh:
> I have read too,that Okrand deliberately integrated in klingon
> elements unlike anything else included in terran languages ; Is there
> a link,where these "exclusively alien elements" of klingon are
> mentioned ?

I don't know that a list of such things has ever been collected in one place.

In any case, only one such "exclusively alien" fact springs to my mind readily (though I'm sure there are many others), and that is that there is no Terran language that has a phonemic distinction between the Klingon sounds represented as {q} and {Q}. Both are found phonetically in various languages - the former reasonably frequently, the latter much less so and mostly in the Caucasus (and no surprise there) - but there's no known natural language where the distinction between the two is phonologically meaningful.

QeS 'utlh