[Tlhingan-hol] Pronouncing Klingon correctly

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:13:22 PST 2015

Something that I've never seen before in any natural language is the exact
workings of {-lu'}, the passive/indefinite subject suffix. It implies an
unspecified subject, but then the object that is being acted upon triggers
subject agreement (i.e. 'someone sees me' becomes {vIlughlu'}), but then,
syntactically, the object stays where it should: before the verb.
I've never seen this before in any natural language (and I'm a linguist
too, so I've heard of quite a bunch of crazy stuff going on in the world's
languages!).

- André