[Tlhingan-hol] Religious terminology

Bellerophon, modeler bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 10:44:45 PST 2015

In a recent post to this list, I used the word {naD} for bless, in the
context of the priestly blessing, aka benediction, as the word for what the
rabbi or priest does to the congregation when speaking it. Not entirely
satisfactory, since the gloss is "praise, commend, approve." But with what
we know from {naDHa'ghach}, {naD} must carry with it the sense of deeming
someone worthy of inclusion, which fits part of the meaning of "bless." The
blessing itself I rendered something like this:

lInaDjaj Qun 'ej lIQanjaj
tlhIHvaD qabDaj wovmoHjaj Qun 'ej lIquvmoHjaj
tlhIHvaD qabDaj pepjaj Qun 'ej roj lInobjaj

Maybe someone can do better.

~'eD
--
My modeling blog:          http://bellerophon-modeler.blogspot.com/