[Tlhingan-hol] Religious terminology

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Sun Nov 29 12:29:56 PST 2015

Explain in any language what those things mean, as if you are explaining to
someone who completely lacks the concept, and then translate the result to
Klingon.

Does bless mean:

- give the protection of God?
- approve?
- use a word on behalf of in order to protect from evil?
- anoint with special water?

What is a saint?
I think it is a person who died, but is remembered because he or she is
special to God. Is that right? If not, explain better.

And so on. Always ask "What does it mean?"  Every time you encounter a word
that you cannot translate into Klingon, tell me in Klingon what that word
means. If you can discuss something in English, you know a lot of words that
pertain to that thing. If you can discuss it in Klingon, you know the
essence of that thing.

Possibly the Klingon just says lalDanchajvaD potlh, the way settlers do in
my country when something pertains to native spirituality, and we don't have
the cultural referents to connect.

- Qov