[Tlhingan-hol] Religious terminology

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Nov 29 09:48:22 PST 2015

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 6:32 AM, qunnoQ HoD <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying in vain,to find ways to express the following words
> in Klingon :
>
> bless (v)
> saint (n)
> sacred,to be sacred
> holy,to be holy
>
> Does anyone have any ideas ?

Start by defining the terms you want to express. For example, what do
you intend for "bless" to mean? What is a "saint"?

I was reminded last week that different religions use words in
different ways. My Christian relatives tend to say things like "bless
this food". That concept sounds almost comical to me, having grown up
with the Jewish usage of "praise" or "bring favor to". While "bless"
is definitely used in the context of food, it's directed toward the
God who created it, not to the food itself.

-- ghunchu'wI'