[Tlhingan-hol] In Klingon about anything.

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 06:40:23 PST 2015

Since the rule of this list goes "you can talk in Klingon about anything,or
in any language about Klingon", I decided to create this thread where I
will be writing "in Klingon about anything".
The reason why I will post here,instead of creating a new thread each and
every time, is because most of the times what I'm actually writing is a
very small passage (maybe even just a sentence), which I don't think it
qualifies on its own for a whole new separate thread. Unless of course I
have a lot to write,and in this case go on to creating a separate thread.

With this being said..

Recently I saw a youtube video,of a fan-made film on the Sith,where the
following was narrated :

"..It is time for a lesson. Always two there are. A master and an
apprentice. And you are the apprentice.." Naturally,I decided to translate
it in Klingon and came up with this :

"..DaqawmoHlu' poH 'oH ; reH,cha' tu'lu'. pIn'a' ghojwI' je.  yIqaw !
ghojwI' SoH.."

I was concerned with how to express the <<it is time for a lesson>>,since
there is no noun for <<lesson>>. So I chose to say <<it is time you were
reminded>>. Now,as far as the <<and you are the apprentice>> is concerned,I
chose to express it using an imperative,because the purpose of this video
was to remind the student to the point of warning her,that she is the
student and crossing the line could have dire consequences ; I don't think
that using the Klingon word for <<and>> would convey the same feeling..

qun