[Tlhingan-hol] In Klingon about anything.

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 07:34:53 PST 2015

qunnoQ HoD:
> Since the rule of this list goes "you can talk in Klingon about anything,or
> in any language about Klingon",

lughbe'.

tlhIngan Hol Dalo'taHvIS, Dochmey'e' bopbogh mu'meylIj vuSbe'lu'.

tlhIngan Hol bopchugh mu'meylIj, DIvI Hol tlhIngan Hol joq neH Dalo'nIS.

qunnoQ HoD:
> Recently I saw a youtube video,of a fan-made film on the Sith,where the
> following was narrated :
>
> "..It is time for a lesson.
> "..DaqawmoHlu' poH 'oH ;
> I was concerned with how to express the <<it is time for a lesson>>,since
> there is no noun for <<lesson>>. So I chose to say <<it is time you were
> reminded>>.

{DaqawmoHlu'} {poH 'oH} je rar pagh.

Dap {poH 'oH}. {DaH} yIlo'.

{paQDI'norgh}, {HaD}, {ghoj} tIqel je.

> Always two there are. A master and an apprentice.
> reH,cha' tu'lu'. pIn'a' ghojwI' je.

maj. {ghojwI''a'} vIchup. /student/ 'oS neH {ghojwI'}. /apprentice/vaD
chaq qaq {ghojwI''a'}.

> And you are the apprentice.."
> yIqaw ! ghojwI' SoH.."
>
> Now,as far as the <<and you are the apprentice>> is concerned,I
> chose to express it using an imperative,because the purpose of this video
> was to remind the student to the point of warning her,that she is the
> student and crossing the line could have dire consequences ; I don't think
> that using the Klingon word for <<and>> would convey the same feeling..

mu'tlheghmay DararlaH 'e' yIqel: {ghojwI''a' SoH 'e' yIqaw}.

{'e' yIlIjQo'} yIqel je.