[Tlhingan-hol] Does this make sense ?

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:24:24 PST 2015

> Hmm, I'm afraid I can't really make sense of this.
actually,you understood almost everything ! Here is what I wanted to say :
"..yesterday, I saw a movie. In the menu it said "feel the power of the
dark side". At the disc's menu. This movie was about space. You tell me
which this movie was !.."

> May I guess that you are talking about Star Wars?
yes ! It is the SIth bortaS.

> Referring to a movie as a "talking picture" is quite clever.
thanks ! I had quite a hard time,trying to figure out how to describe the
word "movie". luckily,the description "picture which talks" came to my mind.

> To translate "the dark side of the Force" literally, you could say
{energy/power Dop Hurgh} ("the dark side of the power"), rather than {Dop
Hurgh HoS} ("the energy/power of the dark side"). Personally, I like
translating "the Force" as {HoS'a'}, or "the GREAT energy/power", so as to
set it aside from the rest.
very nice suggestions indeed.

> There is the separate issue of whether or not {Dop} can be used to mean
"side" in the sense of "I'm on your side!" or "the dark side of the Force".
I honestly don't know
yes,this is a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

What I couldn't find a word/description for was "science fiction". I
actually wanted to say "this was a science fiction movie". It would be nice
if someone had any ideas on how to say "science fiction" in klingon. I
didn't find any words for "fiction/imagination/fantasy"

cpt qunnoQ