[Tlhingan-hol] nuqDaq ghaH 'arHa'e'?

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 23:42:24 PST 2015

qunnoQ HoD:
> If Okrand purposefully or not,created ambiguities in canon,then who is to
> speak for him narrowing down what Okrand wanted to say ?

It's not a matter of "if". It's almost certain that Okrand introduced
some ambiguities into Klingon either as part of a joke, or to make the
language interesting. Not everyone agrees, though, on whether he's
making a joke or being sloppy in each instance.

{pIH} v. be suspicious

Does {pIH vIqSIS} mean that Vixis is behaving in a manner that
suggests she might be a spy, or that she is watching someone who might
be a spy? Are you suspicious of the word's meaning, or is the word's
meaning itself suspicious? Hmm...

{tlhuch} v. exhaust

Does this mean to tire someone out, to use something up entirely, or
something else? One might exhaust the possibilities...

I have my own guesses as to what those words mean, but to my knowledge
the question is not settled by canon.