[Tlhingan-hol] nuqDaq ghaH 'arHa'e'?

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Sat Nov 21 06:43:42 PST 2015

"To be mixed-up" in English, when applied to a person, means "to be
perplexed". The confusion seems to be coming from a limitation applied to
"mixed-up" that doesn't exist. "While walking the maze, he got mixed-up",
"She was mixed-up by the signs at the airport and ended up at the wrong
terminal."

"To mix-up" cards is an idiom meaning "to shuffle" them. Things don't
actually get mixed-up (unless you are making a cake and then combine would
be better), people get them mixed-up. People become confused and make the
wrong choices based on incorrect data. That's being mixed-up.

qurgh