[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: plural in nationalities

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Nov 12 14:15:49 PST 2015

> Meanwhile, you wouldn’t tend to call it {Qo’noS Hol} because the planet

> doesn’t speak the language. It’s inhabitants do.

My interpretation is somewhat different, mainly due to the fact that Marc Okrand has explaind that the main dialect of {tlhIngan Hol} should more appropriately be called {tlhIngan wo' Hol}, "the language of the Klingon Empire" (and the main dialect is {ta' tlhIngan Hol}).

http://klingonska.org/canon/2012-04-01-email.txt

In that same e-mail, he also specified that the standard way to refer to a national langauge would be "contry + Hol", rather than "country+ngan + Hol".