[Tlhingan-hol] A moment of clarity

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 07:24:09 PST 2015

Advice to anyone interested in becoming any kind of grammarian on this list: It helps to not be bothered by having others point out your errors. It took me years to learn this. This is a place where all your errors will come to light. Even ones that aren’t errors, but merely differences of opinion.

But in this case, yes, it was an error. It should have been {Separtanganpu’}.

And yes, I changed it because Klingons never initiate syllables with a consonant cluster. Keep this in mind, as a student of Klingon, when you say {Qapla’!} The word is NOT pronounced “ka-plaa”. The first syllable is {Qap}, not {Qa} and the second syllable is {la’}, not “plaaaaah”. Most actors in the movies mispronounce it.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv