[Tlhingan-hol] Concerning the purpose clauses

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 10:08:15 PST 2015

To paraphrase Edison:

bIQaghqanbe’chugh vay' DachenmoHlaHbe'.

Don’t worry about your past mistakes. Each one teaches you something. Before Edison made his first successful lightbulb, he noted that he had learned of more than a hundred materials out of which one cannot make a lightbulb.

Mistakes are EXPECTED of you at this stage. You have nothing to apologize for. If you weren’t making mistakes, you would not be learning. By daring to try (and including mistakes), you progress where more reluctant students will handicap themselves.

You can’t get good at walking without getting VERY good at FALLING.

I watched my granddaughter as she very studiously bent as if sitting, then fell over, quite intentionally, rolled over to face down, figured out how to, by stages, stand up (at one point, looking like a squatting summa wrestler before rising to stand). She would then smile broadly to herself and squat down and fall over again, as she taught herself how to more gracefully get up off the floor without having to be next to walls or furniture.

You’ll speak better Klingon if you take her example to heart.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv