[Tlhingan-hol] Concerning the purpose clauses

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:40:59 PST 2015

thank you all very much for the corrections and suggestions !

I realize than I must be more careful with the letters that must be written
in upper-case. It was just that I was pressuring myself to find the correct
way to place the {-meH},that my attention strayed away from writing the
letters correctly. I will definitely try to be more careful in the future.
Indeed I referred to the dog using {ghaH} instead of {'oH},and thank you
all for bringing this to my attention. I must think,trying to find the
correct way to say things in Klingon. I get confused because I tend to
think in greek ; in greek <<dog>> is referred to either as a <<he>> or as
an <<it>>,most commonly as a <<he>>.  So indeed I have to be more
careful,taking into account how things are supposed to be said in tlhIngan
Hol.
Also I messed up the use of words such as {ngoH},and forgot suffixes etc
etc. I will definitely study all of your corrections and observations
taking them into account.
Good point with regards to whether <<the ferengi>> in english is singular
or plural ; I thought that I had to put the {-pu'} to express them being
more than one. Luckily I was corrected.

So,to summarize :

The good : I slowly begin to "feel" how the {-meH} is to be used. Meaning
that I slowly begin to understand what must go before it,and what must go
after.
The bad : All the mistakes I made,which will definitely be the subject of a
lengthy examination taking place in my mind the next few hours.

thank you all for tractoring me out of the {-mey} nebula ! next on route is
the "sentences as objects" constellation. If I encounter any linguistic
anomalies I'll send a distress call.

cpt qunnoQ