[Tlhingan-hol] Concerning the purpose clauses

DloraH seruq at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 10 09:06:01 PST 2015

> 	you took away my shoes in order to delay me
> 	chomImmeH waqmeywIj Dange'
>

> If someone has their issues of HolQeD handy, I have a note in
> my dictionary about volume 8, number 4, page 11 relating to
> the verb {mIm}. I apparently interpreted that to mean the
> verb did not take an object. Until I can read that passage,
> however, I can't see a reason to correct this one.

The page is giving the Klingon from ST V.

tlh'a' HoD, nIm-buS wej yI-ghoS.  vub-pu' jon-ta' HeS-wI'.  wa' vub ghaH tlhI-ngan ghar-wI'-'e'.
wa' ghaH te-ra'-ngan-'e'.  mIm-Qo'.  DaH He-raj yI-choH.  batlh tlhI-ngan Segh yI-Hub.  Qap-la'.

"Captain Klaa, proceed to Nimbus III.  A criminal has succeeded in taking hostages.  One hostage is
a Klingon diplomat.  One is a Terran.  One is a Romulan.  Do not delay.  Alter your course now.
Defend the Klingon race with honor.  Success."

(The Klingon did not include any mention of the Romulan hostage.)

- DloraH