[Tlhingan-hol] victory song?

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Nov 9 20:01:16 PST 2015

You're probably thinking of the song from Birthright, Part II.

It's actually more than just non-standard; it's gibberish. Some have attempted to  match it to Klingon words, but I think it's better to interpret it as a song in some other Klingon language.

from the episode script on st-minutiae.com:

Bagh Da tuHmoh.
ChojaH Duh rHo.
ylja'Qo'! ylja'Qo'! ylja'Qo'!

van'aj javDIch Qong DIr Sa'VIch
ghIH yot quelI'Pa
qevas HoH Qa

teblaw'nghu
mughato'Du
ylja'Qo'!
ylja'Qo'!
ylja'Qo'!

The first two lines are presumably translated as "Fire streaks the heavens! Battle has begun."

The line *ylja'Qo'* is presumably a misspelling of «yIja'Qo'» ("don't speak!").
This is the interpretation taken by author Keith R.A. DeCandido, who uses a version of this song in his books.