[Tlhingan-hol] roj

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat Nov 7 09:02:12 PST 2015

First a disclaimer: I know , just as all ogf us, that we cannot be sure
about either way until we get a canon example.

Am 07.11.2015 um 13:51 schrieb De'vID:
> Except that the English definitions of verbs often include objects (or
> types of objects) which the verb is allowed to take.

Only because it's part of the explaining definition, it does not mean
that this is what the object can be.

> {qID} "make a joke"
> {vulqangan jIH 'e' vIqID} "I joked that I am a Vulcan"

With this theory, I may be allowed to say {lut tlhaQ vIqID}?

> {Qagh} "make an error"
> {jIjatlhHa' 'e' vIQagh} "I made the mistake of misspeaking"

{Qagh vIQagh} "I make a mistake?"
{mu'vam vIQagh}? "I made a mistake in this word"?

> {vIt} "tell the truth"
> {tlhIngan jIH 'e' vIvIt} "I tell the truth that I am Klingon"

{vIt vIvIt} "I tell the truth" ?
{lut vIvIt} "I tell the truth of this story"?

 > {vut} "prepare food, make a beverage"
 > {tlhImqach vIvut} "I prepare zilm'kach"

This, on the other hand, is not so controversal. The definition is
"prepare, mix, assemble", an dit is explained it's about food.

> I think it's uncontroversial that the above are allowed.

I enjoy having neutral arguments, so I may say that I do not think these
are uncontroversial. To me, they sound wrong.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh