[Tlhingan-hol] roj

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 06:40:29 PST 2015

All the examples De'vID gave would strike me as odd, except for the {vut}
one. We know that {vut} is transitive, because we've seen it used with
direct objects before. For the others, I wouldn't readily accept their
transitive use, based on the (lack of) examples we have. It could work that
way, but using those verbs transitively is rather experimental. I'd see
them as controversial examples, and I'd see {romuluSnganpu' roj
tlhInganpu'} as such, too - politics aside.

But yes, we know that {yIn} can have {yIn} as a direct object. That's
called a "cognate object". In many languages in which 'to die', 'to live',
'to dream' are intransitive, they can actually be transitive with their
derived nouns. I would imagine {Hegh quv Heghpu' ghaH} to be grammatical,
as well.
As for {roj}, I think it's more acceptable for it to take {roj} as an
object, but I'd probably use it just intransitively, because we simply
don't know better.

- André