[Tlhingan-hol] Piraha

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 08:55:40 PST 2015

> The lines are from the paq’batlh (PB), so we’re stuck with the somewhat
“poetic/literary” (vs. strictly literal) translations

ok, i understand now. but since this brings up something I would ask in
another post all by itself, I will seize the opportunity and ask the
question here..

I,am a beginner ; currently I'm studying TKD,and as soon as I finish I will
start reading -slowly- other publications (tao te ching,gilgamesh,carols
etc).  In which of the Kliingon books published so far (aforementioned plus
hamlet and much ado) is the translation as strictly literal as possible ?

If i start reading books where the translation is poetic,then I will be
confused since I'm a beginner,and will not know whether I'm wrong or the
translation is given somewhat in a more free manner..