[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SaHHa'ghach

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sun Jan 11 09:25:03 PST 2015

Am 11.01.2015 um 17:45 schrieb Felix Malmenbeck:
> As I've understood it, not only did they change the English
 > line after they'd recorded the Klingon line, they also played
 > this particular shot in reverse (because they thought it
 > looked better), so Okrand had to fit the new line to the
 > lip movements of a Klingon talking backwards.

I'm not sure if that's correct, or I did misunderstand. AFAIK, the one
line spoken by the klingon has not been changed, at least Okrand told me
he did not work with him during post-production:

"I did not work with that one Klingon who takes of his helmet [Sean
Blakemore], they did that on their own. As a result, let's say he comes
from a different part of the Klingon planet."

(from http://www.qephom.de/e/okrand_about_into_darkness.html)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh