[Tlhingan-hol] FW: Nonsense words

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Feb 24 15:19:22 PST 2015

> Maktag
>maqtagh: a klingon month or season (n) [From "New Ground" (TNG). At least 43 days long.]

>Is anyone familiar enough with this TNG novel to know whether

> maqtagh was supposed to be a particular season, analogous

> perhaps to "monsoon" or "spring" or a generic word for a

> seasonal time period?

Not a novel, actually, but an episode.

Alexander Rozhenko, son of Worf, was born on the 43rd day of Maktag. It's not specified if it's a month or a season.

The book Excelsior: Forged in Fire treats it as a month.

(It also treats Klingon years as being precisely the same length as Earth years, which flies in the face of Star Trek canon.)