[Tlhingan-hol] ghawran DIS chu' nabmey

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Dec 29 07:05:23 PST 2015

On 12/29/2015 9:54 AM, mayql qunenoS wrote:
> you wrote that I should have said :
>
>> Use {toQDuj So'lu'pu'bogh} "bird of prey which has been cloaked."
>
> however this confuses me, since I remember we had said that klingon
> doesn't have a passive voice..

I translated it into English passive voice, but it's not passive voice
in the Klingon. It literally means "bird of prey which someone or
something unspecified or unknown or general has cloaked."

{-lu'} refers to an indefinite, unknown, and/or general subject. I don't
know and/or don't care who cloaked the bird of prey; I only care that it
is cloaked.

http://trimboli.name