[Tlhingan-hol] 19 words to create

Jesse Manoogian boyfromtheabyss at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 22:07:30 PST 2015

>>Hello Andrew, and welcome to the list.

Thanks for the welcome!
>> Here are 19 words that Klingon is missing. They can be created at the
>> next annual Klingon meetup by Marc Okrand, just as we recently requested
>> chemistry terms and geometric shapes.
>
>Since you are new, you probably do not know how new words are created,
>so I'll explain shortly: It is not our duty to create new words,
>actually, we have agreed that we are not allowed to do so. We usually
>ask Okrand for these words, and he may or may not answer those
>questions. Sometimes he answers the same day, sometimes only several
>days later - or never. He also sometimes gives words we even did not ask
>for.
Just for clarification, I didn't expect the people on this list to create new words. As you'll notice in my OP, I said, " They can be created at the next annual Klingon meetup by Marc Okrand". I was hoping one of us would get in touch with Marc Okrand, and HE'D coin the words. After all, it wouldn't be fun if a new root were added by one of the people on this mailing list, because it wouldn't be canonical -- not the kind of thing that would be accepted at http://www.kli.org/about-klingon/new-klingon-words/ or http://www.qephom.de/e/newwords.html .