[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC : Sentences as objects

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 07:13:57 PST 2015

qavan Bellerophon and thank you for replying.

> Just read TKD 6.2.5.

i just read it again,and I understand (I think) the grammar it
describes,as far as omitting the {'e'} is concerned. I was just
wondering whether the same "philosophy" could be applied with other
verbs too,besides want/say,tell,ask etc.

> you have problems with the last two sentences. Translate them literally into English, letting the chips fall where they may. I expect you'll get something totally different from your
> intended meaning.

yes,that's true.. these sentences would be (respectively) :

they question him they forget
you help me you run

true,these sound strange ; and I guess,unless someone is accustomed to
the {neH} use in constructions such as these,(and assumes the writer
employs the same "philosophy"),
the meaning could very easily be obfuscated.

With all these in mind, yes,it could be possible to rewrite these two
sentences in klingon,saying

{luyu'nIS 'e' lulIj} <they forgot that they needed to question him>
{choQaHmeH bIqet} <in order to help me you run>

I just hoped there was a "simpler" way to express these sentences
without having to resort to the use of {'e'} or {-meH}.

jIQaghlaw'..
apparently I was mistaken..

thanks for clarifying all this for me though !

qavan Bellerophon.

qunnoQ Duj Qel